ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What are the key techniques used in creating this video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zimema MhoneWhat are the key techniques used in creating this video?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 4:40:43 pm

I love everything about this video and have been researching the techniques used. However, most of the information I have found is quite vague.

I am not new to editing, but new to after effects and I would like to develop some skills that would help me accomplish a video using these techniques.

I learn best when I am trying to emulate something I find interesting, so which techniques should I research and learn to emulate some of the effects here. However, I also know a large part of what makes this video work is the creators talent, which cannot be imitated.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z7yqtW4Isec" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: What are the key techniques used in creating this video?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:25:50 pm

I didn't see anything in there that couldn't be done in a nice video editor like Premiere Pro -- and that includes the speed changes and the color grading.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Zimema MhoneRe: What are the key techniques used in creating this video?
by on Jul 8, 2015 at 8:39:01 pm

Thanks for the response. I am I right in thinking it is mostly speed ramping and hyperlapse with some effects on transitions. I will look into those...

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: What are the key techniques used in creating this video?
by on Jul 9, 2015 at 1:15:00 pm

The filmmaker did some online interviews on this video. It was all done in FCPX, but could just as easily be done in Premiere. The key is having a TON of footage and matching the shots as they cut, in terms of color and motion. Definitely a lot of speed ramping involved, but the shot selection is what is really key here. The great sound design doesn't hurt either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]