ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Manual Inertia bounce

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De Silva
Manual Inertia bounce
on Jun 23, 2015 at 4:57:21 pm

Hey guys,

I've used the inertia bounce expression in ae for years now and when i came to do it manually, i just couldnt get the same effect.

I understand the logic, this is how I would do it:

(position A +10 frames to position B, 5 frames later move object +10 pixels past position B, 4 frames later move object -8 pixels past position B, 3 frames later move object +6 pixels past position B etc until it becomes it's resting position)

Does anyone know the best way to achieve the inertia bounce manually similar to the expression's results? I can't seem to but maybe im doing something wrong within the speed/value graphs?

Some pro tips would deffinately be appreciated!

Dan.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Manual Inertia bounce
on Jun 25, 2015 at 6:50:21 pm

I'm curious. If the expression works why would you want to do it manually? If it isn't looking right I think the best place to play with it is in the Graph Editor working on how it eases so it slows down better when it reaches peak hight and then speeds up faster as it reaches the floor.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Daniel De Silva
on Jun 26, 2015 at 9:13:31 am

Hi Steven,

I wanted to figure out how to do it manually because I think it's good to know, feel like I'm cheating sometimes constantly using expressions!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 26, 2015 at 2:15:19 pm

Cool, it sounds like you have the timing right so now play in the Graph Editor and see if that smooths things out. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]