ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Blending bad prosthetics with the clone stamp.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan SeedhouseBlending bad prosthetics with the clone stamp.
by on Jun 6, 2015 at 11:19:07 pm

Hello everyone, I've been working on this shot for a client for about 4 hours now and it's just got me stumped. So I decided to try out Creative Cow. While I am new here, I'm not new to after effects. But god I need help on this one.

Basically when it was shot, for whatever reason the bald cap one of the actors was wearing lost its grip. My client wants this seam removing. There is a rack focus going on as well as the change in perspective as she moves her head etc. It's only a one or two second shot but there are three of them.

I painted it out using the clone stamp and managed to track the movement of her face in mocha, but I can't find a way to link the paint points to the tracking data. I tried expressions but I am admittedly lacking in knowledge when it comes to them. I also tried using a layer from Photoshop and masking around the offending area then parenting that to the tracking data, but it just looks horrible and doesn't allow for the change in perspective.

Here's an image of both before and after I painted over it. I really hope there is something I'm missing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved