ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Exporting different render ranges in ONE composition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael PaulExporting different render ranges in ONE composition?
by on May 8, 2015 at 2:21:56 pm

So I have 1 composition. I set my render range at say second 1-12 - add this to me render queue. Then I go back to my composition and I change the render range / the area I want to get exported to say second 20-23 add this to the render queue because I want this part to get exported as well. NOW if I start my export/rendering the FIRST video will not show the area at second 1-12; it will show my last selected area which is 20-23. This is NOT what I want.

I want to select multiple parts in my time line / sequences at certain times, add those to my render queue, hit render after I've added all those and come back the next day when it's all done. How do I accomplish this?

This any of what I am saying make any sense? Please let me know if I wasn't specific enough. Thanks a lot for your help.

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: Exporting different render ranges in ONE composition?
by on May 8, 2015 at 3:41:14 pm

Instead of using the in-program renderer in AE, use Adobe Media Encoder. It will save a temporary version of your comp so that you can keep working and make changes as it renders it out.

Select the times you want, and press CNTRL (OrCMD) +ALT+M and that will open encoder and automatically put it in the render que. Then just adjust the settings you want. I do this on a daily basis. This is, of course, assuming you are using Creative Cloud and not CS6 or below.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

Michael PaulRe: Exporting different render ranges in ONE composition?
by on May 8, 2015 at 3:54:05 pm

Yeh thanks a lot for that. I eventually figured out to just use Media Encoder instead of using the render queue. Still thanks a lot for the reply.

One thing that bugs me: Media Encoder does NOT remember my last used path. I am exporting all my stuff into ONE Export folder yet Media Encoder always set a totally different folder as target folder so I have to change it by hand each time. Is there a setting like : ALWAYS USE THIS FOLDER FOR EXPORT?

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved