ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adobe After Effects: Sold Tracking Visibility Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nik ChinAdobe After Effects: Sold Tracking Visibility Issue
by on May 4, 2015 at 1:24:42 pm

Greetings,

Applications: Adobe After Effects CS 5.5 and Mocha AE

In Mocha AE, I generated 3 separate motion tracks for the same object for one clip in Mocha AE. Each motion track are during different times, and none of them overlap. (The object being tracked goes out of frame at times.)

In After Effects, I added three new separate "solids." For each solid, I positioned the video to the start frame for the effect, then pasted the respective motion tracking data to the solid.

All three solids are correctly following the motion tracking data.

Solids 1 and 2 appear and disappear at their respective start and end frames, as was set in Mocha AE.

Sold 3 is the issue.
Solid 3 is supposed to appear and start tracking at 03:15:10, but it is visible, and stays static, from the start of the video clip. At 03:15:10 Solid 3 stars to motion track as expected.

The tracking data for all three solids were pasted in exactly the same way, and no modifications were made to any of their parameters.

What should I look at or change for Solid 3 to make it not visible until its start time?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adobe After Effects: Sold Tracking Visibility Issue
by on May 4, 2015 at 5:45:43 pm

Animating Opacity will do it. So will trimming the inpoint of the layer.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nik ChinRe: Adobe After Effects: Sold Tracking Visibility Issue
by on May 4, 2015 at 8:20:41 pm

Trimming the layers did the trick. Thanks.

With the original project, trimming the layer did not stop the layer from being visible before its start point. So I removed all the tracking layers, then added the solids again and trimmed the layers immediately after pasting in the tracking data.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]