ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Adding wiggle to multiple layers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas PhilippAdding wiggle to multiple layers
by on Apr 29, 2015 at 3:43:59 pm

I want to animate a very simple crowd for a background. I want the heads to wobble like in this animation:

i already managed to get it working by simply creating many circles(shape layers) and adding the wiggle effect(animatin preset) to all of them. the problem is: if i want to tweak the general speed or distance of the wiggles, i have to enter every single layer and change it individually.

is there any way to simply change the parameters on all layers at once, without entering every single one?

i tried an adjustment layer. but when used, it makes all the circles do the same movement synchronised.

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adding wiggle to multiple layers
by on Apr 30, 2015 at 4:39:02 pm

Not really. That's the thing about making a lot of layers do the same basic thing, but not quite the same thing. They need to be adjusted individually.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Adding wiggle to multiple layers
by on May 6, 2015 at 3:58:04 pm

You could add two Expression Effects to a master control layer and tie the numbers in your wiggle expression to the values of those effects. Then just paste that expression to all of your layers.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved