ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Sure Target 2: moving back and forth between targets

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Iko CentoSure Target 2: moving back and forth between targets
by on Apr 15, 2015 at 7:53:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a video that shows two people acting.
The idea for it is to move back and forth from the main wide shot showing both actors, to the two close ups of the actors as they do something particular.
I then considered to use Sure Target 2, so that I could easily move between the three targets giving the feel of a real camera movement, but I'm having troubles with it.

When I move from, let's say, target 1 to target 2, or from 2 to 3, it works just fine. As long as I move by just one unit, the camera pans and zooms smoothly from one point to the other, even backwards.

The problem comes in when I try to move between the targets following a different order, and I skip one of the targets. For example, when I move directly from 1 to 3, and I skip the 2 in the middle.
The result I get is that in the first half of the transition between the two points, the camera just zooms in without moving, and it will start to change its position only in the second half.

So, if the transition is, for instance, 20 frames long, for the first 10 frames it will just zoom in, and for the last 10 frames it will zoom and move.
In this way, the animation looks glitchy and simply not good.

Is there a way to make this work?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: Sure Target 2: moving back and forth between targets
by on Apr 16, 2015 at 2:28:43 am

The reason it messes up I'd within the expression of writes. Two troubleshoots is to either key frame position 2 in the middle of 1 and 3 and perhaps shorten the transition, or the better option, list the targets multiple times in the order you would want to see them and just key frame straight up. If that doesn't do it for you make multiple null objects and place them in the center of the targets. Any of those should work.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved