ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

text animator: from one sentence to an other on a same layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc De Costertext animator: from one sentence to an other on a same layer
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 9:18:49 am

Hi guys

I'm working on a corporate film right now and here is my "problem":

I have a map of Europe with animated path to show the railways network growing over the years.
Meanwhile I have dates and destinations changing all the time.
I've made an animation of the text, 3D per character, rotation on the X axis to make it look like in the train stations. To pass from one destination to an other I also added an opacity animation so while the first text is fading out, the second one is fading in.
My problem is that the space between the letters is not even so it doesn't look the right way because the letters from text 01 are not aligned with the letters from text 02.
So, one way would be to work with a specific font (with even spaced letters). Or put a grid and aligned the kerning manually (ways to long to do). So I wonder if adding a keyframe on the character value and copying the second text one a second keyframe would make it ???
But I can't find the way to do it right

Any idea?

Thanx

Return to posts index

Marc De CosterRe: text animator: from one sentence to an other on a same layer
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 9:28:51 am

Just one more thing. I'm not sure I was completely clear ...
If I add a keyframe on the "source text", it a kind of "Hold keyframe" so to text doesn't evolve.

What I try to do is: while the text is rotating on it's X axis from left to right letter per letter, the second text takes place as each letter would be stuck behind the letters from the first text ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]