ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Using Motion Graphics in Film Noir Appropriately

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gino SímplicíoUsing Motion Graphics in Film Noir Appropriately
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 9:12:08 pm

Hey everyone,

So I recently got assigned a project in my Motion Design class where we have to make a 30 second commercial for a weekly program that is Film Noir. Now, upon doing this, I ended up coming across with this:

This is incomplete. I was going to add the tv show and time to watch it at the end and as a voiceover to connect the story together. Regardless, my teacher said I did it completely wrong because I needed to focus more on Motion Graphics rather than a film assignment, and that is giving me trouble because Film Noir was at a time where the Motion Graphics was not like it is now, and my teacher is wanting me to come up with a modern representation of motion graphics and I really don't want to screw up this assignment a second time, which is why I wanted to come on here and get advice from pros that know what they are doing. Plus, there is no examples of this at all and I think input from you guys would help a lot.

So here is what I want to ask you guys:

1. What would be a good way to represent motion graphics in a Film Noir Style?

2. Do you think involving actual footage in it could help a lot or would it hurt it?

3. If you got assigned this project, what elements would you use in it to make it convincing?

If you want info of the assignment, you can access that in a link below:

More info on the Film Noir genre:

Any bit of advice can be really helpful and would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved