ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to make realistic soap bubbles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrés Camacho DíazHow to make realistic soap bubbles
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 4:15:31 am

Hi! im working on a soda commercial and the client want some bubbles (kind of soap bubbles) but im not sure if i could achieve it on after effects, or ...any ideas? i want to make them move trough trapcode particular. the shape of the bubble is my issue.
Also the client wants some distortion (the distortion we see when we look trough the bubble)

i will apreciate any kind of help.
thanks! =)

this is the reference

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: How to make realistic soap bubbles
by on Feb 20, 2015 at 9:00:25 pm

I think the only way you're going to get refraction (the distortion you see when looking through the bubble) is with a 3D application, possibly using Element 3D for your bubbles (or an external 3D app). Here's a tutorial on the process using Element - although it's for water, the refraction index for both bubbles and water is 1.33, so the results would be identical.

Trapcode Particular can surely do the bubble motion, but you may need to fool the eye as to the refraction, by using a reflection map on your bubble design which would make it impossible to tell whether the bubbles are really refracting the background. I suppose you could use the bubble layer as a distortion map in After Effects, and achieve a sort of refraction that way.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Andrés Camacho DíazRe: How to make realistic soap bubbles
by on Mar 9, 2015 at 1:37:09 am

Joseph W. Bourke many thanks for the advices, im still working on the project, i had to recreated the bubble in photoshop and used trapcode particular to make the bubbles motion, and the i used camera tracker to place the on the right position..when i finish it ill show u.
again, thanks!

Return to posts index

lorin crosbyRe: How to make realistic soap bubbles
by on Oct 23, 2016 at 2:45:19 pm

HI, I am really curious how you made the soap bubbles in photoshop. Will you please send a link or an explanation?

I just saw a video from c4d that states the new r18 can make them but i have r17

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved