ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Electricity Visual Effect--like The Flash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan LaClocheElectricity Visual Effect--like The Flash
by on Jan 21, 2015 at 8:42:05 pm

I'm working on a project where I need to have electricity travel along the contours of someone's calf muscle. Like it generating power. I saw something similar on The Flash last night.
I've messed around with the Lightening Effect in AE, but the results weren't as controlled as I need.
Anyone have a good way to to do this?

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Electricity Visual Effect--like The Flash
by on Jan 22, 2015 at 7:38:28 pm

You could probably use 3D Stroke and add a Turbulent Displace or Roughen edges, along with the glow effect. Draw a mask where you want the electricity to travel, then apply the 3D Stroke and animate it (regular stroke should work too). Then add the other effects and tweak to your liking.

Trapcode Particular could also work, especially if you want to emit some auxiliary particles to make it appear a little more organic.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Electricity Visual Effect--like The Flash
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:17:58 pm

Don't forget, you can add distortion effects like Mesh Warp, Bezier Warp, and Liquify to really get your lighting (however you create it) to flow the way you want it to even if the body parts are moving and flexing.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved