ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

[2D Animation]Up & Down Head Turn from an already composed left and right head turn.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Mata
[2D Animation]Up & Down Head Turn from an already composed left and right head turn.
on Dec 15, 2014 at 4:21:18 pm

Hello,

I'm building a rig for a character's head turn in After Effects.
I've just completed the left to right head turn (20 frames) and it's ready for time remap, but now I want to create an up and down head movement

The problem is if I do any change in my L to R head turn composition things start to get messy.

How do I take advantage of the composition I already have without modifying it?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: [2D Animation]Up & Down Head Turn from an already composed left and right head turn.
on Jan 22, 2015 at 8:42:11 pm

I hope this will be of help:

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Roberto Mata
Re: [2D Animation]Up & Down Head Turn from an already composed left and right head turn.
on Jan 24, 2015 at 3:08:13 pm

Thanks Stephen,

I will try that out for my next project, since I want to get practiced with the mesh warp effect, but this video doesn't really suit my current project.

I did an horizontal head turn of 20 frames, time remap it and tie it to a slider. Check.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSydjG4OkX4)
Then, a vertical head turn, of 20 frames as well, starting from the center position of the previous horizontal turn. Check.

Now, what I need is to bring them both together. I had thought the following (dunno if it'll work):

- Time remap the vertical head turn, tie it to a new slider.
- Match the position of both heads at frame 10, the only moment they are identical.
- Then create a checkbox control with both opacities in such a way that when I'm manipulating, keyframing the vertical turn, the horizontal is set to 0 and vice versa.

Do you guys think it'll work?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Roberto Mata
on Jan 26, 2015 at 4:20:32 pm

Hello,

My doubt was solved in this thread:
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/227/28901

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]