ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Focused Typography Animation techniques required

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ash CurkpatrickFocused Typography Animation techniques required
by on Dec 11, 2014 at 6:16:19 am

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me think through an animation I need to reproduce using a focused typographic animation. If you're not sure what I mean, see here:

I have to create 3 animations approximately 400 words in length each with the ability to vary speed. Two problems I need to solve are these:

1. With 400 words, short of copying and pasting/typing each word individually as a layer - I'm not sure how else to approach it. The varying speed would be as simple as pre-comping and then time-remapping, but surely there has to be a less tedious and laborious way of going about adding the copy.

2. Making sure that each word is positioned so that the second letter remains in a consistent alignment, rather than manually moving each word in to position.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I kind of suck (a lot) when it comes to scripting stuff, but if that's where a solution can be found, if you could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate that too.

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: Focused Typography Animation techniques required
by on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:44:31 pm

Probably the best option would be to use Video Copilot's free plugin "sure target 2".

Create your words, spread your words out, make sure all are 3d objects, put the anchor point on the second letter of each word, autofill your assets in sure target, then keyframe the cameras position using ST2's camera control between each object.

VC has a great demonstration of this; that may be one of the easier ways to do this.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved