ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer - precompose and adding GB Deflicker

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian ElliottWarp Stabilizer - precompose and adding GB Deflicker
by on Dec 1, 2014 at 3:24:56 pm

Hi there

I'm new to the forum and also quite new to After Effects. I'm hoping someone can give me some quick guidance on my problem.

Right now, I have a time lapse video that needs two things doing to it. The first is that it needs to be stabilized and then it needs deflickering.

To deflicker I am going to use Granite Bay's delicker plugin for AE. My problem is though is that when I go to apply the Warp Stabilizer it says about it ignoring any masks or effects. That they need to be done in a precomposition.

So what are my steps to resolve this? I am getting confused big time and don't really have a lot of spare time to sit down and learn AE from A to Z.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Graham MacfarlaneRe: Warp Stabilizer - precompose and adding GB Deflicker
by on Dec 2, 2014 at 10:10:56 am

Hi Julian,

You need to Precompose your timelapse video layer:
Go to Layer menu > Pre-compose,
then choose “Move all attributes into the new composition”, then click ok.

This will take your video layer (including any attributes applied to it such as masks or effects), put it inside a new composition, and then swap your original video layer with this new composition.
The result is that all your attributes are now being calculated inside that new comp, so that from outside of it, it will appear and function like a simple layer with no attributes. The Warp stabilizer effect can then be applied to this new comp.

Graham Macfarlane - 3D visualisation and VFX
3D Studio Max | Vray | Pflow | PhoenixFD | After effects | Mocha - London UK

Return to posts index

Julian ElliottRe: Warp Stabilizer - precompose and adding GB Deflicker
by on Dec 2, 2014 at 2:40:04 pm

Great. thanks for your help. It worked a dream :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved