ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Haze Removal in AE or PP win

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro LuzHaze Removal in AE or PP win
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 7:32:48 am

Does anyone knows any plug-in that automatically can remove haze from a video sequence?

For still photos there are several plug-ins out there but for video I just can't find any.

There is one that I could found but it run's only in Mac.

I know that with color correction tools this can be achieve, using colorist for example, but it's a too stepping learning curve for what I need, and it's fully manual.

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: Haze Removal in AE or PP win
by on Oct 16, 2014 at 3:47:55 pm

I did something like this with a photo recently just using levels. Have you ever done color correction with levels? If not, start with the red channel and pull the left and right side in just before the image clips and repeat with the blue and green channels. If all you want to do is get rid of the haze, put the levels effect on an adjustment layer and set the blend mode to Luminosity. You don't need to go into each individual channel if that's all you want, but if you want color correction too, which you'll probably need when haze is involved, do the same on a separate adjustment layer and set the blend mode to Color. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Jason Jantzen

Return to posts index

Pedro LuzRe: Haze Removal in AE or PP win
by on Oct 17, 2014 at 6:53:11 am

Hi Jason, thanks for the help, but..

These are video clips, not individual photos, eventually these tricks will work on ae, but working with dozens of clips to remove haze, is just a crazy workflow.

There are several plug-ins the markeckt for still photos that work within Photoshop (kolor neutralhazer, for example,) but I can't find any simple solution for video clips.

I can find just one plug-in for video ( PHYX cleaner) but it work's only in Maca and I'm working in Windows.

any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Haze Removal in AE or PP win
by on Oct 17, 2014 at 10:36:39 pm

what type of haze?

you could try duplicating the footage ctrl+d when its highlighted
then set the top new layer transfer mode (F4 to pop up) to multiply, overlay, or soft. You could try soft, then ctrl+d
it until the image is dark enough for your taste.

if you like this method, drag all your clips into a comp, then go to layer-precompose. That will be your ctrl+d layer
discussed above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved