ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Is there a way to have 12 fps assets in a 23.976 comp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Avi Jacob
Is there a way to have 12 fps assets in a 23.976 comp?
on Sep 30, 2014 at 4:33:39 pm

Hey!!

I have a 23.976 comp, and am bringing in Photoshop animations that are at 12 fps, and those work great and fine, and interpolate at 12 fps inside the comp! But is there a way, when creating AE keyframes inside the comp, like for moving a solid or a layer around, to have -that- interpolate at 12 fps as well?

Is there something magical with time remapping that I'm missing??

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Derek Boettcher
Re: Is there a way to have 12 fps assets in a 23.976 comp?
on Oct 3, 2014 at 8:54:41 pm

If you want everything to be 12FPS, right click the Comp (and precomps if you have them) and change the FPS to 12. Otherwise, you can precomp, right click the precomp and select "Speed/duration" and then raise the speed to 200%, effectively making it twice as fast 24fps:12fps. If that isn't doing what you are trying to accomplish let me know and give more details, and I'll try to help in another way.

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

Avi Jacob
on Oct 3, 2014 at 9:06:29 pm

Thanks so much for responding!!
When I examine two position-keyframed solids in a 23.97 comp, one precomped (the precomp is 12) and one just in the comp, they both move exactly the same at 23.97. It seems like the main comp's framerate is overriding the precomp?

Any idea how to avoid that?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Derek Boettcher
on Oct 3, 2014 at 9:25:35 pm

If you go to the project panel, you should be able to adjust the Composition's frame rate even after the comp was made. Right click it, and where it asks for frame rate, put in 12. All comps and precomps have to have the same frame rate in order for this to work right, so be sure to double check that. The main comp will override the precomp settings.

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

Avi Jacob
on Oct 4, 2014 at 2:50:38 am

Thanks!! But is there a way to get a 23.97 comp to "read" a "12 fps" comp as an actual 12 fps comp?

For example, if I were to bring a 12 fps -rendered- .mov into a 23 fps comp, it would presumably play every frame twice.
Is there a way to achieve this effect within AE, without rendering a 12 fps comp first and bringing it back in?

Sorry if I'm unclear!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Oct 5, 2014 at 11:58:48 pm

preserve framerate in composition settings

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]