ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color shift on logo between Illustrator RGB eps and AE avi with alpha export

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Woodworth
Color shift on logo between Illustrator RGB eps and AE avi with alpha export
on Sep 18, 2014 at 2:13:44 am

I've got a logo bug on my show. It's just an RGB eps file. I imported that same file into AE and created a move on it from it's bug location to a full screen graphic. In Premiere when I cut from the bug (eps file) to the animation to full screen graphic (avi file) there's an obvious color shift. I've dealt with this in the past with color modes in Photoshop...is there a way to get Illustrator and AE working with the identical color mode (or space or whatever it's called)?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Color shift on logo between Illustrator RGB eps and AE avi with alpha export
on Sep 18, 2014 at 2:39:37 pm

Make both the bug and the animation in AE. They everything will match.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jordan Woodworth
Re: Color shift on logo between Illustrator RGB eps and AE avi with alpha export
on Sep 18, 2014 at 11:25:46 pm

Yes I know that would work but trying to avoid having the bug asset be a video file. Maybe I'm falsely assuming a video file bug will be more demanding on Premiere than a still eps file would be?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 19, 2014 at 12:16:25 am

Well, you wouldn't need a very LONG bug video file. Ten seconds would work: just place the same clip down repeatedly, back to back. Then at the proper time, cut in the animation file.

No questions about color changing then!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Derek Boettcher
on Sep 18, 2014 at 3:57:56 pm

Instead of using the EPS file, try to import the .psd or .ai document into after effects/premiere directly. They are meant to work in tandem with each other, and that may solve your color shift issues.

Best,
Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group
http://bthmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]