ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Moving After Effects edit into Premiere without using dynamic link

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh HailesMoving After Effects edit into Premiere without using dynamic link
by on Sep 16, 2014 at 12:17:06 pm

I've just been handed a project that needs quite a large re-edit. There's 180 after effects layers in a single comp, that are used just as an edit. Hard to explain, but I've attached a screenshot for reference: http://imgur.com/b1UECpf

Is there any way of moving these into premiere (where I prefer to edit video) and maintain the handles on the video. I.E. I don't want to use dynamic link!! I need the handles to make frame-by-frame adjustments.

This sounds pretty impossible, but maybe there's a script I'm missing somewhere online?

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Moving After Effects edit into Premiere without using dynamic link
by on Sep 16, 2014 at 4:12:21 pm

Sounds like you have a dodgy workflow going. You don't need handles, you need to decide what you're going to do, do it and render for use in Premiere.

It may have not been what you wanted to read, but there it is.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Josh HailesRe: Moving After Effects edit into Premiere without using dynamic link
by on Sep 17, 2014 at 8:39:59 am

I'm not sure you listened to my problem: This is a project handed to me, I didn't make it, but I need to use it.

It's retiming an edit for a different soundbed. Same shots, different timing. Surely theres a way of moving an edit from after effects to premiere another without rebuilding the whole thing?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Moving After Effects edit into Premiere without using dynamic link
by on Sep 18, 2014 at 6:35:23 pm

Select all your layers in AE. Ctrl+C to copy (or CMD+C on a Mac).
Go into Premiere and select your sequence. Ctrl+V to paste (or CMD+V on a Mac).

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]