ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

duplicate precomp, solids from master Comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Dupstaduplicate precomp, solids from master Comp
by on Sep 5, 2014 at 10:27:05 pm

Just played with true comp duplicator. I like that script but may not be the answer for my specific import project workflow.

I am curious if anyone has some efficient workflow ideas.
This is a case that is only pertinent if you import a master project into a current working comp.

So you build out a master project that contains multiple effects, tracks, solids, adjustment layers. All those items that go into the "solids" folder.
While working on a separate project you go ahead and import that master FX project into your current shot. Grab what you need and delete it out.

I can use true comp dup, But I still have to hunt down all the solids and move those over also. Than i can delete that imported project.

I spend some time hunting down all the solids, nulls, adjustment layers. I never now if I got everything until I hit delete and see if anything disappears.

I have though about just bringing the entire solids folder over into the current solids folder, just piling everything in there, and not hunting anything down? I guess that is a good solution? Right? Any other ideas?
Again, only pertains to importing a project, grabbing preComps, than deleting that heavy project out to keep things clean.

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: duplicate precomp, solids from master Comp
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 1:13:31 pm

Ya, use this:

Rather than importing an entire project, go into that project, select the comp you want and this script will save only things used in that comp into its own project.

It's pretty freakin sweet.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved