ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Light Placment

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Mills3D Light Placment
by on Aug 29, 2014 at 2:23:24 pm

Hi all
What is the best way to move lights around correctly in a 3D Camera tracked scene. I cant seem to get a hold of where they are in the scene even using the xyz handles. Please help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: 3D Light Placment
by on Aug 29, 2014 at 5:09:54 pm

That is EXTREMELY difficult to answer definitively because it depends on the lighting in tracked shot.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 3D Light Placment
by on Sep 8, 2014 at 2:18:48 pm

I like to create 3d nulls using the Camera Tracker tool so that I have a frame of reference for the 3d space.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Brian MillsRe: 3D Light Placment
by on Sep 12, 2014 at 5:43:35 pm

I place the light (a point light) in the shot and I copy the position of the 3d layer I want to light into the lights position so i can get it in the same 3d space. When Im trying to move the light around in the scene I find it very hard to do so. I cant tell if Im getting closer or father away relative to the 3d layer I am trying to light...I was wondering if there is a technique to move the light in 3d space easier.

Return to posts index

Derek BoettcherRe: 3D Light Placment
by on Sep 13, 2014 at 7:04:36 pm

Use your multi-views so you can see the scene from front, right, top and active cameras. You can activate multi-view from the "Active Camera" drop down box.

This should help you get a better feel of the 3d space.

Derek Boettcher
Creative Management
BTH Media Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved