ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotoscope Tween Animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel RobinsonRotoscope Tween Animation
by on Aug 24, 2014 at 1:52:32 pm

Hi there everyone, great to be part of Creative Cow!

I've been trying to solve this question for some time, but I wanted to ask some actual people first in case I was looking in the wrong places (apologies in advance if this question has already been asked numerous times)

I want to know if there is some way of 'tweening' rotoscope animation. I have read many topics on this subject, but most appear to refer to composting and vector tweening, rather than a 'frame by frame' animation style, which is what I'm looking for.

Specifically, the style similar to the one used in the famous Star Wars animation:

I could just be hopelessly naive, but I can't believe one person would have time, not only to draw the animations by hand, but also fill in the colour and shading for each individual frame too.
Is there a way to draw key frames, and have the software 'tween' the others? If so, what software do people use for this? AE, Toon Boom, Flash?

Sorry if this all sounds incredibly amateurish, I'm just very curious and would very much like to attempt my own projects. I wanted to just check I wasn't missing a key technique before I dive head-first into it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved