ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can't convert keyframes to easy ease in/out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Paul
Can't convert keyframes to easy ease in/out
on Jul 16, 2014 at 10:17:55 am

So I have set my keyframes and I decide to turn them into easy ease in by using the keyframe assistent. I don't like the result so I change it to easy ease out. It Seems to me that no matter what I do the keyframes will remain the way they are and once I've set them to easy ease in or out or just a simple ease in this can NOT BE UNDONE/changed.

Look at my screenshot. On the left side we have keyframes which are an arrow icon pointing to the right. Then I have those selected keyframes on the right. No matter what I do- the icon will remain that hour glass shape and it doesn't seem like it changes the animation or is the hour glass shape OKAY? I don't think it should look like this if you set it to easy ease out/in- it should always change the keyframe icon depending on what you've set it to.

I am using CC2014

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Can't convert keyframes to easy ease in/out
on Jul 16, 2014 at 3:28:35 pm

The keyframe shape tells you that it's an Easy Ease (aka Bezier) keyframe -- it eases both out and in.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ehsanul Haque
on Jul 17, 2014 at 4:13:24 am

Hello! I think what you're looking for can be done by changing the keyframe interpolation of those keyframes. Right-click on the keyframes, select keyframe interpolation, choose "linear". Then you can set Easy Ease Out.

My guess it it was set to auto-bezier by default. So in case you want to go back to just the way it was, you can set auto-bezier instead of linear, too.

Hope this helps. :)

Return to posts index

Jason Jantzen
on Jul 17, 2014 at 4:59:24 pm

Control/Command click the keyframe to reset it or change it to Continuous (circle keyframe). Once you've reset it, then you can select Ease In or Ease Out. Once you go Easy Ease, there's no going back unless you reset it.

Jason Jantzen
vimeo.com/jasonj

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]