ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How would you make someone skinnier?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott ReusHow would you make someone skinnier?
by on Jul 15, 2014 at 5:51:07 pm

A client wants me to make one of their models look skinnier in a video they shot. TRT is around 8 minutes. The camera was on a dolly, so there's movement. I haven't seen the footage yet, so I'm not sure what the background is, which I'm guessing will be pretty important.

Also, I think the desired effect is just a little nip and tuck, nothing dramatic.

What techniques would you use to pull this off?

As soon as I see the footage, I'll give you more details. Thank you!

2014 Mac Pro
2.7 GHz 12 Core Xeon E5
Dual FirePro D700s
OS X 10.9.4

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: How would you make someone skinnier?
by on Jul 17, 2014 at 6:21:41 pm

A lot of it will depend on the shot. The fact that it's 8 minutes though seems to indicate that the model likely isn't standing still for very long. The camera movement will make it even tricker. Normally I would say the mesh warp or liquify effects are probably good places to start, but this seems like it could be too complex for those.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How would you make someone skinnier?
by on Jul 21, 2014 at 1:41:45 pm

If the model is on screen for an actual 8 minutes, this is going to be a job that you will need to farm out some work for! You will need to rotoscope the model, rebuild the background behind them, and then morph their body.
Once all of that rotoscope and background rebuilding work is done - sometime next month - there are several distort effects (Reshape, etc.) that you could use as well as plugins like Re:Flex to make the model skinnier. Problem is, if the model is moving a lot...we're into September.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved