ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

boris 8 or 9 effects installing in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sid Olomiboris 8 or 9 effects installing in AE
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 8:52:04 am

Hey guys and gurus
i have my Ae installed on a separate drive not c drive which i use ssd for fast booting lately i tried to install boris effects and red giant effects but during installation i don't get option to direct installer to the drive where i have the AE and Pr pro installed so when i open the program in effects it does not show boris or red giant effects even it said installation completed i hope it make sense what my problem is so i was wondering if any one can direct me on how to install this properly without changing my AE to the C drive cuz it is not that big in size i like to use ssd for OS only and use my other drive for all the programs
thanks you plz help

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: boris 8 or 9 effects installing in AE
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 1:26:14 pm

I don't know anything about the Boris effects, but I'd assume it's the same problem as the Red Giant ones - RG plugins have always had a problem installing anywhere but the C: drive, but you can move the files to whatever drive you need them on. It's a pain, but it works:

Here's some more troubleshooting:

Since you don't say what OS you're using, you'll have to track down the correct file paths on the RG pages.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Sid OlomiRe: boris 8 or 9 effects installing in AE
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 5:13:38 pm

thank you very much for taking time to answer my question i solved trapcode problem but the other effects like look and mojo and stuff is not apearing yet all trapcode except shine they work and still tring boris if not than might have to get rid of ssd lol thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: boris 8 or 9 effects installing in AE
by on Jul 11, 2014 at 4:44:46 pm

I don't know if having the OS alone on an SSD is the best use of a piece of pricey hardware. Sure, a fast boot is great, but how often do you need to do that -- once, maybe twice a day?

Now, how often do you use the AE caches in the course of a day's work? A LOT, probably. And AE can really speed up by caching to an SSD.

So I'd suspect that at the end of the day, your current setup is actually slowing you down.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved