ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stabilization with Mocha. Better bleeding black bars technique?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JonZ MarZ
Stabilization with Mocha. Better bleeding black bars technique?
on Jun 21, 2014 at 1:49:26 am

Hello, I'm stabilizing some clips in a video and after some attempts, I successfully stabilized my footage. However there's black frames that take huge chunk of the visible area.

I've seen some technique that consist to duplicate the current clip and offset it on the timeline. However I never successfully made something of quality of it. I'm I applying the technique wrong or there's some advanced technique to make the border matching the offset clip?

Or if there's a better technique I'd be happy to learn it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Stabilization with Mocha. Better bleeding black bars technique?
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:22:02 pm

I can't tell if you mean "offset in time", "offset the position" or something else with the term "offset".

Without seeing the clip, it's difficult to know how badly-shot it is. Some clips are beyond hope, and you just have to accept that & re-shoot. Remember the motto of computer programmers from long ago: "garbage in, garbage out".

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZ
on Jun 23, 2014 at 5:46:45 pm

Yes, I mean offset in time. I did further researches and I didn't see any miracle techniques neither. I guess I need to salvage what I can with zooming or the offset technique when it working. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Jun 25, 2014 at 8:08:26 pm

There are lots of techniques for stabilization including AE's warp stabilizer.

mocha Pro has a module called Stabilize which adds "Auto-fill" feature to get rid of the black areas that occur when stabilizing.

If you are using the Adobe bundled mocha AE, here is a nice video that offers some cool tips for stabilizing without having to scale your footage:
http://mamoworld.com/tutorials/stabilize-motion-without-need-zoom

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZ
on Jun 25, 2014 at 8:25:43 pm

Thanks, those are the technique I was refering too. I think they require a perfectly stabilized footage to get them to work. One thing I didn't do is to use Mocha internal autofill, but I guess they use the similar technique.

Also I didn't find anything in Mocha to 'export' the frames for autofill, I can only export the motion exports. How do you exports the autofill frames in AE?

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Jun 25, 2014 at 8:40:14 pm

mocha AE will only export tracking or roto data.

mocha Pro has advanced modules such as the ability to stabilize and render with autofill.

Here is a video:

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

JonZ MarZ
on Jun 27, 2014 at 4:10:30 am

ok thanks for the clarification, but the question still. How do you make use the Autofill for other applications like AE? By exporting the rendered frames? Or there's a better automated/lossless method?

Return to posts index

Ross Shain
on Jun 27, 2014 at 6:13:38 pm

If you are looking to use mocha Pro's AutoFill feature for stabilization with After Effects, than yes - you would render the stabilized shot with the AutoFill option to remove the black edges and limit scaling.

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]