ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Banner Reveal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vikka Abat
Banner Reveal
on Apr 18, 2014 at 10:40:16 am

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the reveal of the banners were done in this video: https://vimeo.com/88363461

I'm specifically talking about how the banner wipes in but starts with a few bars before it becomes a whole.
I can only guess linear wipe with some kind of distortion plugin but I can't seem to recreate it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

George Goodman
Re: Banner Reveal
on Apr 18, 2014 at 2:10:58 pm

I would do it with a track matte.

Just create a line that goes through the middle of the ribbon as a shape layer, and add a stroke so that the width covers the edges of the ribbon. Add a trim paths and animate that. Then put the shape on top of the ribbon layer and change the trk matte in the ribbon layer to alpha matte.

They also used a tracking animation on the text with some inertial bounce to give it that springy look.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

George Goodman
on Apr 18, 2014 at 2:17:26 pm

Just looked a little closer at it and saw the dashed lines that precede the main banner, and assumed you were wondering about that. So, still use the line as I suggested, but duplicate that line (trim paths and all), make it dashed and offset it in time so that the animation is just before the trim paths of the track matte for the other layer.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Victoria Abad
on Apr 18, 2014 at 4:31:45 pm

Brilliant!
Wouldn't have thought of that.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>