ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Distortion transition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xdominguez pukkasDistortion transition
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 10:35:48 am

Hello,

I need to recreate with after effects a video distortion in order to transition from one shoot to the next one. I know it is a simple one, but I am obfuscated right now, because I am totally lost.

Any help will be more than appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Distortion transition
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 2:31:52 pm

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "video distortion". There are dozens of different things you could mean by that.

So, just guessing here, but I would recommend Twitch.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

xdominguez pukkasRe: Distortion transition
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 2:33:54 pm

I didn't know hot to explain myself, either. Anyway, yes, that thing could work for me. Is there any way to recreate that kind of effect without using a plug in I have topaz for?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Distortion transition
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 3:33:13 pm

There are easy ways to do the split channels effect. One solution is to have three copies of your layer and isolate the channel on each one (so you have a blue channel, red channel, and green channel layer). Then set the top two to screen. You should now have something that looks identical to the original video. Then you can use any of your favorite distortion effects on each channel separately.

Alternatively, there is the Bad TV animation preset that ships with AE. You could use that on an adjustment layer as a transition.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

xdominguez pukkasRe: Distortion transition
by on Apr 11, 2014 at 3:36:20 pm

Great, thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]