ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Broadcast quality, not quite there....?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shane godfreyBroadcast quality, not quite there....?
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 1:06:40 pm

Looking for some advice from the powers that be! I have been editing for web based stuff for years and had a client that wanted me to do a TV commercial. After upload to HD TV, ABC Network it looked ok, but not what I wanted. I will explain my workflow and please tell me what I should do different...

Sent spot in H264, 59.94fps, 1280x720 as requested by network. Shot the footage in 29.97 1080p, converted with Mpeg Streamclip

-After I saw the spot on HD TV the color was off which I can change, needed to lower the saturation. I am editing on a Macbook Pro (new Mac Cylinder shape computer with thunderbolt monitor on order). Do I need an external such as a TV, to edit on so that I can see the outcome as it will be on TV?? What is my mode of operation here?

-Next, there is a curb going up a road from bottom left to top right of the screen, so the curb is diagonal, but there is very tiny lines that run horizontal (left to right) on the curb..? Wondering if that is a "deinterlacing" problem? Will it fix this if I choose the deiinterlace function on Mpeg Streamclip?

-This sort of pertains to the above question. My graphics, letters, where the "S" is in the words on screen they look kind of like the curb I described above? In other words if it is not vertical or horizontal line it appears to be broken on TV.

As a side note EVERYTHING looks perfect on the web version! Not bad on TV, but not perfect... Please advise?? Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Broadcast quality, not quite there....?
by on Mar 17, 2014 at 8:44:48 pm

Sounds like you need to get a broadcast monitor. Not a TV but a broadcast monitor because it will let you adjust it.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved