ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Losing my Religion, and Effects from PPro in Dynamic Link to AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan BalchLosing my Religion, and Effects from PPro in Dynamic Link to AE
by on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:21:42 pm

I've got a long interview that I've edited down in to a one minute clip in PPro CC.

I've placed a dip to white at all the edits in my PPro sequence and then used "Replace with After Effects Comp".

I'm using AE to key out my green screen.

When I open my comp in AE my dip to white is gone and all my video clips are layered.

I was hoping to add my PPro sequence as a single layer in AE and keep my PPro effects in place when I brought it into AE.

Is this possible with Dynamic Link, or should I try a different method.

Thanks!

Alan Balch
Videographer/Carle Foundation Hosptial
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Losing my Religion, and Effects from PPro in Dynamic Link to AE
by on Feb 17, 2014 at 5:58:16 pm

When you Render out the clip from After Effect or if you just keep the After Effects project in PPro you can put the Dip to White transition back on. You will get a more natural dip to white look if all the layers ( green screen footage, background and anything else like a vignette) are in one track. If you want the background to always be the same and just have the green screen clip come on and off I would recommend you check out the Ultra Keyer in PPro. It is actually really good.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Alan BalchRe: Losing my Religion, and Effects from PPro in Dynamic Link to AE
by on Feb 19, 2014 at 3:20:00 pm

[Stephen Smith] " If you want the background to always be the same and just have the green screen clip come on and off I would recommend you check out the Ultra Keyer in PPro. It is actually really good."

Stephen, I didn't know about the Ultra Keyer. It is pretty good. I don't think it's quite as good as Keylight in AE, but it definitely will make my workflow easier.

Thanks!

Alan Balch
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Losing my Religion, and Effects from PPro in Dynamic Link to AE
by on Feb 19, 2014 at 3:37:22 pm

Yes, I agree that it would be cool to have Keylight in PPro. I came from FCP and their keyer sucks, so PPro's keyer is a big improvement.

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Losing my Religion, and Effects from PPro in Dynamic Link to AE
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 9:37:23 pm

Only a subset of effects from Premiere Pro are transferred to After Effects when you use the Replace With After Effects Composition feature.

The last table on this page gives details about what is transferred when bringing material from Premiere Pro to After Effects, whether through copying and pasting or through Dynamic Link:
http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/importing-effects-premiere-pro.h...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Alan BalchRe: Losing my Religion, and Effects from PPro in Dynamic Link to AE
by on Feb 19, 2014 at 3:18:33 pm

[Todd Kopriva] "The last table on this page gives details about what is transferred when bringing material from Premiere Pro to After Effects, whether through copying and pasting or through Dynamic Link:
http://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/importing-effects-premiere-pro.h.....
"

Todd, Thanks so much. That info really helps out.

Alan Balch
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]