ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to get this font effect in Adobe After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ian de leon
How to get this font effect in Adobe After Effects?
on Feb 16, 2014 at 7:27:39 am

What effects do I use to get that effect in the middle of the font? Not the glow I mean the Gradient color in the middle.

Return to posts index

George Goodman
Re: How to get this font effect in Adobe After Effects?
on Feb 16, 2014 at 4:47:16 pm

It looks like it's 2 separate gradients with different blending modes.

So you could do something like this depending on what you're ultimately doing with it:

-Create your text layer (fill, but no stroke)
-Duplicate it, add a stroke, but no fill this time
-Add an adjustment layer and mask the top half of the letter on the adjustment layer so it only affecting the top half of the letters. Place this adjustment layer under the stroke, but on top of the fill. Add a ramp that is white at the bottom and black on top. Change the blending mode to add, lighten, or overlay (whatever you like). Play with the opacity and the placement of the ramp points to get the effect you like.
-Do the same thing over for the bottom half except this time put the black on the top going down to white. Change the blend mode to multiply or darken or something of that effect. Again play with opacity and points. Make sure this layer is also under the stroke or else it will effect the stroke as well.

This should get you on your way

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

ian de leon
on Feb 17, 2014 at 6:27:34 am

I'll try this later. I'm a little confused about some parts you just said(sorry but I just started with AE) But is there no effect or preset that I can just drag over the text to get this? Thanks BTW

Return to posts index

ian de leon
on Feb 19, 2014 at 2:40:12 am

I got the result I wanted. Thanks. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]