ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AfterFX Glue gun animating

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim WiAfterFX Glue gun animating
by on Feb 3, 2014 at 5:49:00 pm

I am using the CCGlueGun effect to get a sort of shrinking globe on some footage. It looks spot on for what I want to achieve and I can change the size of the globe using the [stroke width] or [strength] sliders. However when I try to animate either of the values there is no interpolation between the two in the animation. The values change on the sliders but the globe basically just stays the same size until I un-keyframe it all and change it manually.

I am assuming it is something to do with the nature of the tool but I was was wondering if there is a workaround to this. Annoyingly it is absolutely perfect for the effect I want to achieve, if only I could animate the size of it.

Any ideas

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AfterFX Glue gun animating
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 12:26:42 am

Wow. That bug has been there for a long time. I guess no one has ever wanted to animate that property before. I can reproduce this bug as far back as After Effects CS4.

I'll let the Cycore folks (the folks who make that effect) know.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Tim WiRe: AfterFX Glue gun animating
by on Feb 4, 2014 at 2:55:17 am

I have found a very painful workaround where I can manually adjust the value every frame then render the frame out but this gets extremely tedious very fast. I guess no workaround until they [probably never] fix it. Damn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved