ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to have whole video rotate around a single point (video attached)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Bagels
How to have whole video rotate around a single point (video attached)
on Jan 19, 2014 at 5:18:05 am

How can I have the video rotate around a single point such as 0:12-13 of this video?

thanks again. i apologize with the silly video and the lack of the timestamp, ive been trying to get youtube videos to start at a specific point in time but they keep changing the embed codes!

>

Return to posts index

George Goodman
Re: How to have whole video rotate around a single point (video attached)
on Jan 19, 2014 at 7:50:28 pm

:12-:13 in this video is a lens flare that overtakes the screen. I don't see any rotating. Can you please clarify?

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Frank Bagels
on Jan 19, 2014 at 9:00:19 pm

Sorry, my wording was probably confusing. I meant that it the camera pivots around the girl at one point. Like, how the video seems to revolve around one central point at that time of the video

Return to posts index

George Goodman
on Jan 20, 2014 at 1:21:48 am

Please provide the exact time in the video you're referring to.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Jan 20, 2014 at 4:06:42 am

[Frank Bagels] "I meant that it the camera pivots around the girl at one point. Like, how the video seems to revolve around one central point at that time of the video"

I haven't been able to find the shot you're referring to, but based on your description I'm guessing you've answered your question - "… the camera pivots around the girl…" - it was probably shot that way… no AE involved.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jan 21, 2014 at 9:04:52 pm

Did you post a link to the right video?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Andrew Manzella
on Jan 27, 2014 at 12:46:36 am

This may or may not be what you are talking about, but several years ago we did a project that had a camera revolving around an actor. We replaced the chroma screen with 3d elements. So we laid an 8 foot circular track down, leveled it and placed tape marks on the ground to keep our time consistent. Then we put track tape around the screen so we could track the scene and level out the move on the y axis.

From the video you provided it doesn't look like you need that much of a rig...but from our experience it worked well.

But like was mentioned above, the effect is all in camera, with a background added later in post. If you have a 3d package you can place a cylinder in the scene and apply your texture to it. Recreate the camera and you're good to go.

Andrew Manzella
2d/3d Geek

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]