ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a hole

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David naresh
Creating a hole
on Jan 16, 2014 at 1:14:42 pm

Hi there...
im new to creativecow community and im excited about it...
This is my very first post...

Ok..
what im trying to achieve here is basically i have a layer and a composition with multiple layer to create that fake extrude look... i put that single layer beneath the composition... and the single layer is white and the whole composition is black... IN THAT SINGLE LAYER THERE IS A BIG 'A' LETTER ON IT.

now..
what my problem is im trying to make a 'hole' in that black composition according to the white letter in that single layer....
i tried track matte.. it instantly turned the whole black composition into a single layer...
i don't want that.... i want the extrusion remain but need a hole according to the white letter... basically i want the letter can be seen if you look from top...

i hope someone can help me..
im still a beginner...
and also sorry for my english
i explained as i know...
hope you guys can understand it

thanks

Return to posts index

George Goodman
Re: Creating a hole
on Jan 16, 2014 at 3:55:00 pm

I think from what you're saying you can actually do this with a track matte, you just have to change the type of track matte.

Here's a different way to go about it though that may not confuse you. Right click on the A and Convert shape to mask. Now change the mask type to subtract (because it's an "A" it will likely create 2 masks, so make sure you change the correct mast to subtract). Then you'll have a solid with an A cut out. Now create another mask around the A to get rid of any of the solid you don't want.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

David naresh
on Jan 16, 2014 at 4:55:46 pm

Thanks for the reply...

i have tell you something.... the A is not a layer but its a composition... sorry

Return to posts index

George Goodman
on Jan 16, 2014 at 5:22:09 pm

Is the "A" animated?

If not, just hand draw a mask around it and change it to subtract, or just replace it with a text layer and do what I said the first time.

I think an alpha inverted track matte is what you're actually looking for, but again, I'm having trouble understanding what you're composition actually looks like.

"|_ (°_0) _|"

Sincerely,

George

Return to posts index

David naresh
on Jan 17, 2014 at 4:49:07 am

ok George...
its a different story now...
lets start from scratch...
now i have single composition A and another single composition above A named DEPTH...
i want to form a extrude look with multiple DEPTH composition all in one composition above A composition..
i couldn't make all DEPTH in one composition...
thats my problem now...
i have no problem with track matte..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]