ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Live music visualization.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan JohnsonLive music visualization.
by on Jan 12, 2014 at 8:38:25 pm

Hello there, I am having a bit of an issue getting the last piece going for a show I will be doing. Basically, it is I need something like what they do in the below video, but live. My main workflow is gstreamer (Linux), so anything that can work directly with it is welcome.

TL;DR: I'm looking for code that can make a live equalizer animation to music.

Any assistance here is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Philip BowserRe: Live music visualization.
by on Jan 12, 2014 at 11:17:03 pm

To my knowledge, After effects doesn't have any live capabilities like this. There are functions within After Effects to animate properties according to an audio track in the timeline, but non of this is a live stream. You would have to render out your composition before hand with an accompanying audio file generating the animation, and then play that movie file.

Is this what you mean? Or do you need actual real-time visualizations that are a result of a live audio feed?

I'm not familiar with gstreamer unfortunately, but I don't think After Effects is your solution for real-time graphics.

Philip. Bowser

Return to posts index

Jordan JohnsonRe: Live music visualization.
by on Jan 12, 2014 at 11:50:20 pm

I appear to have found a solution elsewhere, but yes it was a realtime display for live music. I thought this was the Broadcast Design forum...now looking, it appears to be Adobe After Effects? Hmm.

Return to posts index

Philip BowserRe: Live music visualization.
by on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:01:42 am

Interesting.. you are right actually. When I clicked on "Broadcast Design" in the forum list it brought me here as well. I didn't know they were synonymous. You'd think they would be different forums as Broadcast Design is more general than just the After Effects software.

Well, I wish I knew more about "Broadcast Design" graphics to help ya out.
Good luck!

Philip. Bowser

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]