ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to encode an animation into Xvid?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Piotr RaczkoHow to encode an animation into Xvid?
by on Jan 2, 2014 at 9:38:34 am

Hi all,

I have this problem. I need to encode an AE animation into specific windows friendly format (the animation will be played on LCD screens in trams). It has to be AVI container, Xvid codec, 25fps, compression ratio between 2 and 5. Max 10 MB file size, 30s long, 1280x610. The animation is ready, but I don't know how to encode it to this format. First of all I don't have an Xvid codec in After Effects. I visited the Xvid website, but there is no Xvid codec available for download for Mac (I'm working on a Mac) only for Windows. So does it mean I have to do it on a Windows machine? Please help, I don't know how to go about it properly.

Thanks for your time and input.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to encode an animation into Xvid?
by on Jan 7, 2014 at 4:55:24 pm

Your life will be much, MUCH easier if you do the transcoding to AVI & Xvid on a Windows machine. I'm not really sure what you would need. You would need to talk to your friends who work in Windows-Land.

-- OR --

You could buy Flip4Mac from Telestream, which will allow you do do this chore on a Mac, I believe. You can get a tryout version of Flip4Mac to see if the process works.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved