ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Importing an Illustrator file into After Effects and animating it

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murat Ozturk
Importing an Illustrator file into After Effects and animating it
on Dec 29, 2013 at 7:27:08 pm

Hi,

I have a drawing in my Illustrator file (A perfect rounded circle and the same objects with the same size around it). I successfully exported and imported it into After Effects. The problem is that when I want to rotate vector image file, I see it drifts (not a perfect rotation). I exported the file as 1024px * 1024px and vector shapes were perfectly aligned with each other and file size. What can be wrong with it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Joey Trimmer
Re: Importing an Illustrator file into After Effects and animating it
on Dec 30, 2013 at 2:15:08 am

Is the center point on the object in the wrong spot? It should be perfectly center since it's a square but figured I'd ask just in case it's something small like that.

Return to posts index

Murat Ozturk
on Dec 30, 2013 at 6:56:36 am

Joey, you are right. I have just realized that there's a problem with the center point. It's really interesting because I couldn't align it to center perfectly; I mean It's is already centered to layer and screen but whenever I try to move it relatively close to the center of the object, I could not have done it anyhow. This is the same for any PNG file exported from Illustrator with equal size and align options. This should have a trick or easier way; because it never perfectly matches to the center by moving manually, it just relatively matches and the move action of the object is uncertain. You or/and anybody show how?

Return to posts index

Murat Ozturk
on Jan 4, 2014 at 11:12:22 pm

Any other ideas to solve my problem? It is really important for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]