ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d Tracking of Moving Car Footage - Beyond AE? Syntheyes? Mocha Pro?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jolosky3d Tracking of Moving Car Footage - Beyond AE? Syntheyes? Mocha Pro?
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:41:51 am

Hey there Camera Tracker experts. I have a shot where i'd like to extract some camera data from. Wondering what the best course of action for Automotive Running Footage. Camera is fairly fixed on the car with variable zoom.

much thanks for the advice

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: 3d Tracking of Moving Car Footage - Beyond AE? Syntheyes? Mocha Pro?
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 9:54:53 pm

Do you want something to look like it is attached to the vehicle like text following it?

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Erik ElvgrenRe: 3d Tracking of Moving Car Footage - Beyond AE? Syntheyes? Mocha Pro?
by on Dec 13, 2013 at 6:27:40 pm

Hello,
It probably depends on the footage. If the camera is facing out and you are wanting to just get camera data then I would think a 3D tracker app would be more useful (I use Syntheyes, but PFmatch or PF Track or Boujou or others could probably handle it). 2D trackers like mocha generally don't pull as accurate Camera data you might need from footage....but they do a great job of tracking and placing things into the scene. Syntheyes now has a planar tracker in it similar to Mocha (both a 2d and 3D one) that gives you the ability to handle some more shots. Give it a look.
If your footage is staring back into the car and you are trying to get a decent 3D track you may have some trouble....lack of parallax can keep a 3D tracker from getting a good solve. It all depends on the shot.
I hope that helps.
Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]