ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Questions about masks and looking for advanced tips/tricks to speed up workflow.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Wescott
Questions about masks and looking for advanced tips/tricks to speed up workflow.
on Nov 12, 2013 at 3:58:29 am

I often have multiple masks on a single layer that are in very close proximity to each other which force you to zoom in significantly further than you normally would just to make sure you're selecting the right mask's point. I know you can lock a mask so you can't change it but is there a way to hide locked masks from view? Just locking a mask isn't good enough because you can still accidentally select all masks rather your point if you're close to the locked mask point than the point you actually want when you click. Then any movement just translates all the masks rather than just the one point you want. Can I just "hide" a locked mask so I can having to zoom in really far just to select a point?

Also, in Mocha the ability to switch to uber mode for modifying keyframes is insanely handy when doing roto work. Does AE have the ability to something like this? Or any way to enter numerical data on a point by point basis so I can manually achieve the same result?

Lastly, does anybody recommend tutorials, guides, or whatever that go into more advanced masking techniques/tips? I feel like I understand most of the main concepts but I'm sure there are tons of advanced tricks on using masks I'm unaware of.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Questions about masks and looking for advanced tips/tricks to speed up workflow.
on Nov 12, 2013 at 4:36:10 pm

Later versions of AE have Rotobrush: no masking. If you try to use it intuitively, or you'll get nowhere with it.
Just open AE Help, use the search term rotobrush, and voila! A boatload of info and tutorials about Rotobrush show up.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]