ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How do I get effect like this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John WatsonHow do I get effect like this?
by on Nov 9, 2013 at 9:11:48 pm

I am working on a slideshow and I am trying to make something like this:

I know how to spread particles using Trapcode Particular, I just having hard time understanding the transition. It looks like CC Grid Wipe between the picture and the particles(big heart) layer, I played a little with the settings but I can't get something random like that.

I would be grateful if someone could explain me a little how to get this transition. (I know how to get the particles look, I just don't understand how to get this random mask look)

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: How do I get effect like this?
by on Nov 11, 2013 at 8:46:03 pm

Try creating another solid with a particle layer. Change the blend mode to silhouette alpha. This will cut out the shape of the particles. Adjust it so it takes over the screen as you like. Precompose and place it on top of the next shot.

Hope that's helpful. Let me know if this works.


Return to posts index

John WatsonRe: How do I get effect like this?
by on Nov 12, 2013 at 7:35:51 pm

If I am getting this right, I put the pictures in other comp, and basically can animate some shapes/particles on corners with silhouette alpha and I will see the layers below on my main comp? Sounds great. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved