ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

objects in 3d and effects/adjustments layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thom lokobjects in 3d and effects/adjustments layer
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:06:12 pm

Adjustment layer and 3d has been posted before but I wonder if there is a workaround on this.
I have some colourful objects rotating in 3d with the closest object to camera in focus and the others blurred. These objects are presented in turn when animating rotation properties. I use depth of field in camera and it blurres out the behind objects well. But I want to desaturate and apply some effects to ALL the objects behind in z-space in one go, (to avoid multiple keyframes). I have tried with an adjustment layer just behind the object in focus but it cuts off the 3d funktion.. Is there a way to make camera do this? Or a comp that work only on the objects behind, like a track mat? Im making a template for some newbies and will avoid to have too many keyframes that cause issues later in production..

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: objects in 3d and effects/adjustments layer
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:33:36 pm

I'm sure the expressions forum would be a good help for something simple like this. I don't know how to write them, but I could imagine an expression tied to the Z position that affects the parameters of the effects you want to go from 0 to some value. Just make sure you detail what effects and how you'd like them to animate. I'm sure someone in there can help.

Jason Jantzen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved