ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Replay Bug Graphic

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott RyanReplay Bug Graphic
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 4:10:43 am

Hello,
I am looking for a simple graphics bug that that reads "replay" for use in the upper right corner for our project. An animated one would be nice, but not necessarily needed. I've looked all over and can't seem to find any. The ones I see on VideoHive are part of expensive broadcasts packs and I can't see paying that much if that's all I needed. I was hoping someone here might have one to share since I'm not the most skilled AE user. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Replay Bug Graphic
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:11:11 pm

Why not just make your own? It's easy enough to create a text layer with the word 'replay' and then experiment with adding a little something extra to it.

One technique that I like for simple text bugs is to add the "Bevel and Emboss" layer style and then turn the Fill Opacity in the Advanced Blending category of Blending Options down to 0%. This leaves just the embossed imprint of the text.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Scott RyanRe: Replay Bug Graphic
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 7:08:50 pm

Thanks for the tips. I was hoping to make or find something like you would see on sports broadcasts. Something that has a bit of animation to it like a rolling sparkle/glare.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Replay Bug Graphic
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 7:22:48 pm

Then I'd recommend starting a new thread asking how to make a moving sparkle on text (or whatever other specific technique you need).

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]