ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

"jerky" motion on conversion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Adam
"jerky" motion on conversion
on Oct 13, 2013 at 9:44:15 am

PAL 50P is my final output. When converting some clips to 50P (from 25fps) I overly graphics at 50P. On Final output I use a UltraStudio Mini monitor and a software called BB-TV to play-out my clips, then final to a HD TV.

I render, converting the comp to 50, then rendering using the following settings: 720p50 > Apple ProRess (LT). Video plays fine, very smooth, its the graphics that were originally 50fps not playing as smooth as they should. You get a very "jerky motion" to graphic. I don't understand why this may be happening as it has been rendered.

(some clips are not at 1280 by 720)

Thank you in advanced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: "jerky" motion on conversion
on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:16:18 pm

Double-check the frame rates of your comps. I suspect one or more comps may inadvertantly be at 25fps.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brandon Adam
on Oct 17, 2013 at 1:04:07 am

[Dave LaRonde] "I suspect one or more comps may inadvertantly be at 25fps."

I have double checked. All clips are at 50fps.

PAL 1080i50. TV PlayOut. BroadcastTVAus

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 17, 2013 at 9:26:09 pm

Actually I was talking about the COMPS, not the CLIPS. I'm wondering if some of the comps are at 25fps.

If they're not, the problem gets tougher to track down. That's happening more frequently with AE these days.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brandon Adam
on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:59:39 am

[Dave LaRonde] "Actually I was talking about the COMPS, not the CLIPS. I'm wondering if some of the comps are at 25fps.
"

Sorry, I apologise. See what I do is, I first render my graphics at 50fps, once rendered, I then just put the clip (video at 25fps) into the comp (I dont set a New composition, I let after effects handle that once the clip has been placed). I then change the comp settings from 25 to 50. Then overlay my graphic. So all my clips are rendering at 50fps.

I figured, I just set my graphics at 1080i50, if I want that "smooth motion". 50fps takes a lot of time and 50i looks simular. Plus its what broadcasters use. Just the only downside is some clips are not at 1080.

Thanks Dave for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]