ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rotobrush Man with glasses

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Macaire PattersonRotobrush Man with glasses
by on Oct 4, 2013 at 2:01:48 pm

Good day.

I am still BRAND NEW to the whole After Effects programme. I am using CS6.

I have a problem. I am rotobrushing a video of an interview, where I am going to be replacing the background with an another video. I have rotobrushed the background...BUT am having a problem of removing the background from the behind the man THROUGH THE SIDE OF HIS GLASSES! (As seen in the picture that I have attached.)

Could anyone direct me to a tutorial that helps to solve this dilemma. I am very much time constrain and need to finish this ASAP.

I had tried only selecting the inside by reducing the size of the brush...but it then removes also the frame of the glasses. Am at my wits' end!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Rotobrush Man with glasses
by on Oct 6, 2013 at 5:00:20 pm

The one thing you're not showing us is how far in the reference shot is zoomed. Please post the full frame - it is possible that the area between the glass's earpieces is too small for the RotoBrush to accurately select. One other possibility is that you didn't view the RotoBrush tutorials, and you are not adding to the selection, but selecting the entire RotoBrush area a second time. I suggest you view this to make sure you're not making a mistake:

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved