ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D custom shape textured with 3d words objects all animated?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lyudmil Lyubenov3D custom shape textured with 3d words objects all animated?
by on Sep 10, 2013 at 1:31:55 pm

Hi folks. Hope this thread is in the appropriate section since that's the first time posting in a forum

I feel kind of frustrated for what i want to achieve and also how to explain it :D Also feel very exited for the end result since i could not find any tutorial or even someones work near to what i am searching for. It's a fictitious logo intro animation for learning purpose.

The idea or the story line:

Fly trough city made of 3D words for buildings ( no need of details like people, streets and so on) . Zooming out of the city to planet view while animating all the plain city surface with the buildings wrapping a 3D custom shape (in my case the letters GM) after which the viewer sees how the buildings ( the 3D words ) vanishes into kind of magical dust forming a bottom word line, finalizing the animation.

I am using AE and Element3D and Particular plugins but i think that wont be enough. Pretty sure i should make modeling in Cinema4D or some other 3D soft but i am confused because of all the effects i am searching for and not sure how to approach versatility, rendering and time consumption during the workflow. Even i don't know if all of this is possible to animate only in After Effects. Probably if i could use some city preset models like GreyScaleGorila's city kit changing the buildings with my 3D words and using all the model like texture or skin for the GM letters preserving the city's topography (which a don't know how to do )...but also all the wrapping have to be animated ... Any suggestions?

Hope i have explained my problem clear enough (see images) and if not let me know. Any help on this idea will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved