ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Increase Animation size with High Res images at hand

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave BlackIncrease Animation size with High Res images at hand
by on Sep 10, 2013 at 8:22:38 am

I've created an animation of size 1024x576 with images. The images were hi-res in photoshop, i've reduced their sizes for quicker animation.
My client needs the animation delivered on a particular platform that requires the size 1280x720px.

I've re-generated my images in photoshop to a greater resolution, but if i import them in aftereffects, it changes their size in the display.

Is there an EASY way to replace images, thus gain resolution? Or do i have to go through all layers and adjust the size of them?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Increase Animation size with High Res images at hand
by on Sep 18, 2013 at 6:26:15 pm

I think that math is going to be your only friend on this one. If you're lucky, all of your images in the AE Comp are scaled the same -if not, it will take longer. Just scale your Photoshop images up to what they need to be, and figure out the percentage you had to scale them up.

Alt-Drag the images in AE from the Project bin to the Comp, replacing each smaller image with the larger, and use the scale percentage above to change them to the original scale. Does that make sense? So, if you had to scale your images up by 20 percent in Photoshop, when you bring them in to AE, you scale them down by 20 percent.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved