ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Syntheyes vs native 3D motion tracking

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachaloSyntheyes vs native 3D motion tracking
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 1:56:07 am

Can any Syntheyes tracking experts tell me what advantages it has over AE's built in 3D motion tracking?

I need to track a dancers hands and then import that data into AE for use by TrapCode Particular.

As a total 3D tracking novice, would it be a good investment of my time (and money) to look at Syntheyes?

All the other tracking options are well out of my price range (PFTrack to Boujou).
Thanks for any feedback!

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Syntheyes vs native 3D motion tracking
by on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:02:25 am

> I need to track a dancers hands

The 3D Camera Tracker effect is for analyzing a scene and creating a synthetic camera that matches the camera used to record the scene so that you can insert static objects into the scene.

It is not for tracking moving objects in a scene, like someone moving their hands around.

None of the 3D camera tracker plug-ins are for tracking moving objects. That's more what mocha is for (or even the tracker built in to After Effects).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]