I'm wondering if there is a central location or a DVD/ Workbook that I could look at that would help me understand techniques used in shows such as The Mentalist and CSI.
I'd like to ask how to do things such as the blurred and (seemingly) magnified bars travel across the screen on the opening credits to shows such as CSI Miami.
Am I anywhere close when I think:
1. Duplicate layers - bottom layer is 'Main stage'
2. Use matte on each duplicated layer for the separate shapes
3. Scale-up the duplicated layer and 'trim' to desired shape (if not dictated by matte shape)
4. Apply (gaussian) blur to selected shape.
5. Keyframe movement across main stage.
Fair enough if thats it, but it seems like a bit of a long process! Perhaps I'm being lazy, hope not!
Anywhere you wonderful people feel is a good idea to look for tutorials and themes on this, please let me know!