ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How do you create this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricki KirtonHow do you create this?
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 8:53:53 am

I would like to know what goes into creating a scene such as the one starting at 7 seconds in this video

What would be a rough overview of the workflow?

Return to posts index

Jason JantzenRe: How do you create this?
by on Jul 4, 2013 at 4:51:23 pm

If you want to do it in all AE, I'd use something like Mettle's FreeForm for the topographical map. You can basically take a map and displace it in z space along with a bunch of other cool controls to get that texture look. It used to be a part of AE back in cs4 or 5, sort of like a free version of Mocha (limited control). Now it's $299 through Mettle -

As for the line drawing in 3d, I'd try to pull that off with Trapcode 3D Stroke. It's not a simple 1 line stroke obviously, but something like that is most likely possible with that plugin. The other 2d stuff is easy shape layers and text animation, standard AE stuff.

If you had a 3D app, I think you could get it done a lot easier there than trying to fake all that 3D in AE, which is most likely what this guy did. Here's the designer's portfolio site -

Jason Jantzen

Return to posts index

Ricki KirtonRe: How do you create this?
by on Jul 4, 2013 at 9:43:11 pm

Thanks for your help.

I did wonder wether they would have used AE or a 3d software.

Ill be taking a look at the plugins that you recommended though, could come in useful for some other ideas that I have!

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved