ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating simple motion graphics like this

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack RileyCreating simple motion graphics like this
by on Jun 11, 2013 at 3:23:19 pm

Any tips on how I would go about creating something similar to the graphics shown in this video.

I'm completely new to this so would like to know where to start? Would Photoshop be better? And where I could find tips and tutorials for getting it to look 3D, glossy and I also like the constant moving shadow effect they have. But Mainly I would just like to know how I would start to make something like these, what to do and what order to do it in.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Creating simple motion graphics like this
by on Jun 11, 2013 at 5:58:20 pm

These graphics are anything but simple - it's generally done with an extremely expensive system such as this:

Take a look at the VizEngine - it's live, real-time 3D Graphics, and video input with alpha channel capabilities. When I was art director at a broadcast station, we tested the system. While the demo was cool, you have to have a full-time programmer on staff to create the templates for all of the moves. While it's not rocket science, the up front time that had to be spent create the look, the moves, and the templates, made it not worth our while.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Jim ArcoRe: Creating simple motion graphics like this
by on Jun 23, 2013 at 12:43:38 pm

You could probably create many of the effects in something like After Effects or even Photoshop. But as Joseph hinted, it would not be something you could do in real-time nor would it be simple or easy.

There are a lot of 3D looking techniques, reflections, etc that could be done with plug-ins (something like Zaxwerks) or lots of additional time/effort.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved