ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Active Camera in After Effects not showing 3D or shadows done in pre-comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chloe BeardActive Camera in After Effects not showing 3D or shadows done in pre-comps
by on May 30, 2013 at 10:47:06 am

I have only just started using After Effects (last week actually) so please treat me as a complete beginner!

I'm trying to teach myself and created a simple 3D showreel as a test in which the camera swoops in on various videos with 3D text in front of them, the videos are throwing shadows as I wanted but the text (which I did in pre compositions) is not showing any of the 3D elements that are showing in the pre-comps. I copied online tutorials but can't get mine to look same! I have read other forums where people are having similar problems but the language was complicated and technical and as a total beginner I didn't understand...

The text looks fine in the main comp on every view EXCEPT the active camera, I rendered a little of it out thinking it might look ok after export but no such luck. I have screenshots to show what I mean but can't seem to upload them to this...

Once again sorry if this is a really stupid question and thanks in advance for all you help (if you could put it as simply as possible that would be much appreciated).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved